Why is it hard to quit smoking? It is because nicotine withdrawal is very hard to accomplish. It is for this very reason that people who quit can not resist the urge to smoke even after months of quitting. Even the most committed quitters go back to picking up the habit again. The benefits of quitting smoking are much more than you can imagine. If you finally plan to quit this bad habit, you are sure to find solace in the lap of nature.
Herbal medicines could be a good bet in the anti smoking campaign. These medicines alleviate the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal, they also clean your body of all toxic materials. Herbal medicine patch could be a good method since it eliminates the level of nicotine in your body which helps you to kick the habit.
There are different types of herbal medicines available to help you in your this regime. The herbal medicines work in a definite way to stop the cravings:
1) They help you reduce the physical cravings for nicotine.
2) They also help to cope with the nicotine withdrawal symptoms such as depression, restlessness and anxiety.
3) After you quit smoking, herbal medicines help you in stopping sugar cravings and cravings for compensatory eating.
4) Herbal medicines will help you to burn fat and prevent you from gaining weight.
5) They also reduce the 'mental fog', concentration and memory problems associated with nicotine withdrawal.
The counterpoint to using herbal medicines is that nicotine patches, sprays and gums are easily available and they are more effective than the herbal medicines. But do you know what is hidden underneath? We know that nicotine is a poison. What is the point if you are hanging on to nicotine products like gum and spray? This is not going to help you as it keeps you addicted to nicotine in one way or the other.
Fortunately, nature has its own medicines to help you in quitting smoking. Herbal medicines have been helping people in overcoming the addiction, over the ages. They have even proved helpful in kicking opium dependency, one of the most difficult addictions to beat.